By: Matthew Seldine, AuD
If you feel concerned about balance issues for yourself or that of a loved one, contact Hearing Partners of South Florida. Remember, September is host to Balance Awareness Week, so what better time than now to seek help for your balance concerns?
Self Quiz for Dizziness or Balance Problems
To help you decide whether to seek medical help, ask yourself the following questions. If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, talk to your doctor:
- Do I feel unsteady?
- Do I feel as if the room is spinning around me, even for a very brief time?
- Do I feel as if I’m moving when I know I’m sitting or standing still?
- Do I lose my balance and fall?
- Do I feel as if I’m falling?
- Do I feel lightheaded or as if I might faint?
- Do I have blurred vision?
- Do I ever feel disoriented—losing my sense of time or location?
Did you answer YES to any of the above? Call today to schedule your a consult to determine if testing is necessary.