Preparing for Your Hearing Consultation
Your hearing care professional will discuss your hearing history to understand what factors have influenced your hearing, and to get more information about your personal hearing needs.
To get the most out of your appointment and evaluation, it is best to come prepared. Here are a few Questions for you to consider prior to your appointment:
- Do you think that you have difficulty hearing speech clearly? Please explain.
- In which situations have you experienced challenges with your hearing?
- Has your hearing been frustrating you?
- Have your family members or friends mentioned anything about your hearing?
- If your hearing was improved, how would things be different for you?
- Please write down any questions you have about your hearing?
Bring Someone with you to your appointment. Family members or friends can share in the experience and provide additional information. A familiar voice is helpful if a sound demonstration is performed.
The Hearing Profile
A hearing profile is an important tool that your Audiologist uses as a part of your recommendation plan. An audiogram is the graphical representation on paper showing specific pitches and loudness levels that a person can hear in each ear. Your profile may also include speech audiometry. All the speech details will help determine your speech threshold. Your hearing care professional may also evaluate other aspects of ear function to better understand your needs and offer appropriate recommendations.
Your Hearing Profile Results
Your hearing care professional will explain the results of your hearing profile. They will provide you a listening experience with devices if appropriate and make recommendations based on what would be ideal for you.
Hearing Health is Health Care! To schedule an appointment, you can contact either office:
Delray Beach: 561-638-6530