Addressing hearing loss is one of the best things you can do to improve your quality of life and keep up a youthful pace. New technologies have made it easier to manage hearing loss and stay engaged in life.
Today’s hearing aids help people with hearing loss better hear sounds and people from all directions, and they filter out noise. Many sit discreetly and comfortably inside the ear canal and out of sight; and many are wireless, so they can interface easily with other high-tech devices like smartphones, home entertainment systems, conference-room speakerphones, and hearing loops. Some are even waterproof; and others are rechargeable.
Addressing hearing loss really can help you better maintain your vitality. Here’s how:
- By getting out and enjoying life
- By nurturing relationships and social connections in group activities
- By keeping a positive outlook you will be optimistic and feel engaged in life.
- By being a go-getter you are more likely to tackle problems actively
- By doing what you can to protect your cognitive function, stay on your feet, and keep the blues away